Norton offers a very long list of security software for different situations, along with various utility tools to make life easier for computer users. These include the brand-new Norton Security, which combines 3 different Norton programs into a single application. These include the Norton Antivirus, Norton Internet Security, and Norton 360. You can also make use of their various programs for family usage, mobile security, utilities, 25 GB online backup, computer tune-up, a help desk, and for small business.
But why pick Norton? There are 5 very good reasons why:
- Norton is from Symantec, and it’s a pioneer in the earliest days of antivirus technology. The company was founded way back in 1982, and its first antivirus program was released in 1989. Even then, Symantec set a standard that lets the company find and destroy even new viruses.
The company launched the first Norton Antivirus in 1991, and since then it has always been one of the top brands in the antivirus industry. It has received various recommendations from top experts such as PCMag. About 43 million users from many countries have a Norton product installed on their PC, laptop, or mobile device.
- Money Back Guarantee. They even offer a money back guarantee, offering refunds if their team of global experts can’t remove a virus on your computer. They set themselves apart from free software manufacturers, because after all these companies are not obligated to provide support for its free users. But with the excellent support team and expertise backed by 25 years of history, Norton is confident they can protect your computer.
- Excellent Security Experts. Their professionals work closely worth various anti-cybercrime departments of international law enforcement agencies. These include the FBI, the Secret Service, and Europol. These pros monitor hundreds of cybercriminal organizations.
Their typical antivirus expert has a Master’s degree in Computer Security. They may first start as a security response engineer, and after several years they can then proceed to become a security intelligence analyst. These experts also attend various major security conferences all over the world.
- Formidable Intelligence Network. Since its long history in the antivirus industry the company has received data from more than 40 million computers in more than 150 countries. The data are sent by their antivirus programs so that they can get a more accurate idea of the antivirus battlefield from day to day.
In addition, the company also maintains 5 million decoy email accounts worldwide. These collect up to 8 billion emails a month, and all these emails are combed to find the newest phishing scams and social engineering attacks designed to trick the recipient into providing sensitive personal data. They have labs all over the world, including California, Japan, and Iceland.
- Award Winner. It’s one thing for a company to tout its strengths in its advertising copy. But it’s another thing entirely when reputable organizations confirm their promises.
For example, they have received the highly coveted Editors’ Choice Award from PCMag more frequently than any other antivirus security company. Accolades and award have poured from PassMark, Top Ten Reviews, AV-Test, Expert Reviews, Dennis Labs, and Tom’s Guide.
Norton isn’t the best choice if you’re looking for free software. But with their top of the line premium security programs, you will definitely get your money’s worth.